Good Morning Party Paleo People! I recently read an article over on one of my favorite food blogs, Foodriot where they highlighted three flavor profiles that while you may not have ever thought of, when combined create a really amazing taste. They name three profiles:
- Maple and Mustard
- Coconut and Cinnamon (this seemed terribly un-revolutionary to me)
- Vanilla and Kale
Admission: I love mustard. I may be the Bubba Gump of Mustard: Dijon, Stone Ground, Hot Mustard, Mild Mustard, Honey Mustard, French’s, Grey Poupon, even 99 cent store mustard. I just love the flavor profile of foods like mustard, hot sauce and pickles. But the idea of Maple and Mustard fascinated me, so I took a recipe and tweaked it. Today I bring you Maple Mustard Pork Chop! Here’s the recipe: 4 Servings. 10 Minutes Prep. 40 Minutes to Cook.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix together flour and spices in a small bowl, then mix together maple syrup, mustard, and vinegar separately.
- Cover the bottom of a frying pan with oil, and place over medium heat.
- Coat pork with spiced flour, and fry them in the oil until golden brown, about five minutes on each side.
- Place browned pork in a shallow glass baking dish, and cover with marinade.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until marinade is bubbly and thick.